Mendez Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Mendez Engineering does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Current Job Positions Available:
Civil Engineering | Project Manager
The person filling this position will be required to lead a range of engineering and design projects focused on private and municipal clients to include SAWS and CPS Energy. The individual will be responsible for managing project and clients, developing new clients, managing workload of technical staff members, and preparing proposals. The position will involve collaborating with other project managers on multidisciplinary projects. As an emerging firm the individual has the potential to grow into a key leadership position.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties include civil engineering design and design oversight, including roads, sidewalks, site, drainage, gas, water and wastewater systems, utility coordination, project management, budget management, and workload management for technical staff. The individual will act as the primary client contact on projects, and will prepare proposals. In addition the individual will be encouraged to market engineering services to both existing and new clients.
Qualifications and Skills
Specific qualifications requirements include:
- Bachelor of Science in civil engineering or related field (EBET accredited);
- 5+ years of professional experience in the practice of civil engineering in San Antonio.
- Registered Professional Engineering in the State of Texas;
- Strong project management background, including experience managing multifaceted projects and multiple staff members;
- Experience developing and managing scope, schedule, and budgets for projects;
- Technical experience in municipal engineering;
- Strong marketing a business development abilities a plus;
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation capabilities a plus.
Mendez Engineering is an emerging engineering firm with a commitment to every client. We are committed to our employees professional and personnel development; we strive to provide a supportive work environment that encourages individuals to purse professional growth.
Mendez Engineering can offer: competitive compensation and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Paid vacation and sick time;
- 401K with employer contribution;
- Work schedule flexibility;
- Continuing education support.